Want to help build the base of data and knowledge that helps drive campaigns not just of Market Forces, but dozens of other environmental campaigns? We’re looking for a skilled and passionate researcher and data analyst to join our team as a volunteer. Check out the details and apply using the email address below by the 24th of March.
Position Title: Research Assistant (Database)
Time commitment: 1-2 days per week for three months, with possibility of an ongoing commitment. Potential, based on Market Forces income, to make the position partly or fully waged beyond the initial three months.
Position reports to: Research Coordinator
Key tasks and duties:
- Assist the expansion and structuring of Market Forces’ database concerning loans to the fossil fuel and renewable energy sectors, which forms the basis for our reports, briefings and other materials.
- Contribute to and help deliver research briefings and advisories for individuals and groups seeking to conduct finance / corporate campaigning.
- Conduct desk and field-based investigative research to better understand the strategies of campaign targets, as agreed with the Research Coordinator.
The first task will overwhelmingly be what the role in its initial few months consists of.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about environmental issues and is motivated by the desire to create positive change for the environment from the financial sector.
- Has experience working in a campaigning / non-government organisation context.
- Is skilled and comfortable with data management, and especially proficient in MS Excel and other spreadsheet / database software.
- Is analytical and curious by nature.
- Is able to work independently.
- Ideally has a background in commerce, business, economics or finance (students of these or related disciplines are encouraged to apply).
Logistics and expenses:
Market Forces can provide office space for this position in Melbourne. Market Forces will cover costs incurred as a result of campaign work (e.g. travel, accommodation) but costs are to always be agreed beforehand with the Executive Director or Research Coordinator.
Application deadline: Monday, 28 March 2016
To apply: Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org