Quynh Lap 1 and 2 (2400 MW)
Location: Quỳnh Lập commune, Quỳnh Lưu district, Nghệ An province
- Quynh Lap 1: US$2.2 billion (80:20 debt to equity ratio)
- Quynh Lap 2: US$2.5 billion (75:25 debt to equity ratio)
Expected financial close: unclear
- Quynh Lap 1: Under Construction
- Quynh Lap 2: Planning
Expected completion: after 2030
Quynh Lap 1
- Vinacomin (Vietnam)
- Geleximco (Vietnam)
- Hong Kong United Investors Holding, subsidiary of Sunshine Kaidi New Energy Group (China)
- Doosan Heavy Industries (South Korea)
- Lilama (Vietnam)
- National Research Institute of Mechanical Engineering (Vietnam)
- Lotte Group (Feasibility Study)
Quynh Lap 2
- Le Quynh, Mekong Eye (7 March 2019), 'Vietnamese provinces say “no” to coal plants–government and industry still want more'
- Vietnam Investment Review (22 June 2018), 'Geleximco-HUI may take over $2-billion Quynh Lap 1 thermal power plant'
- Chí Nhân, Thanh Nien, (22 June 2018), 'Trung Quốc đổ vốn vào nhiệt điện than Việt Nam'
- Timetric, 'Vinacomin-Quynh Lap Electricity Center 2400 MW - Nghe An Province'
- Mia Tahara-Stubbs, IJGlobal, (12 May 2017), 'Posco Energy seeks international partner for Vietnam coal-fired'
- Jung Min-hee, Business Korea, (12 May 2017), 'POSCO Energy Wins 1200MW Plant Project in Vietnam'
- ANT Consulting (11 May 2017) 'Posco Energy Will Invest in Quynh Lap II Thermal Power Plant'
- Vietnam Energy Online, (11 September 2015), 'Quynh Lap 1 thermo-power plant to use local equipment'
- Vietnam News (15 July 2015), 'Vinacomin to build first made-in-VN power plant'
Information updated: 18 Nov 2020
In addition to the references noted above, Market Forces also considers information from financial journals, companies' public disclosures, and news reports.